In linguistics is there a term parallel to “nominal” referring to a category used to group together verbs and adjectives based on shared properties?

By: | Post date: 2016-11-04 | Comments: No Comments
Posted in categories: General Language, Linguistics

I don’t know of one; in fact what I’ve seen is linguists call adjectives in Asian languages verbs, to deal with the commonalities. Stative verbs, if you make it more precise.

In fact, whether adjectives are real as a cross-linguistic category is a legit question.

Leave a Reply

  • Subscribe to Blog via Email

  • February 2024
    M T W T F S S
    « Jul    
%d bloggers like this: